Friday, June 28, 2013

Road Trip Day 2: I made it!

I'm here! I'm here!

Left Ohio around 8 am this morning and traveled through Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and finally arrived at my summer home in Connecticut.

(Quick aside: omg this house is gorgeous. GORGEOUS. Seriously, the guest bedroom is almost bigger than my entire current apartment.)

Traffic was very uneventful, right up until I got NYC and headed north on 95.

Highlights of  the trip? I stopped at a random Wendy's in Pennsylvania to get some lunch, and they were celebrating a worker's 80th birthday. They had cake and wanted everyone to wish her a happy birthday. So I did!



Favorite license plate? "YYY GUY" Get it? Wise Guy?

At any rate, I have officially made it half way across the country in one piece, minus one hubcap for my poor car (seriously, it fell off about 5 miles away from my destination when I was stuck in traffic. Lady pulled up next to me and asked, "Did you you know you lost a hubcap about a half mile back?" Well, no I didn't, and thank you....but what am I supposed to do about it now?!)

I just ordered some sushi, and plan on relaxing out by the pool for the rest of the afternoon.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment