Saturday, July 30, 2011

Last morning

I went to the beach this morning at 5:30 am to watch the sunrise.
The actual sunrise may have been blocked by the city, but it was still a good life decision. I climbed the hill to the Christ statue and just sat, looking at over the ocean. The city was the quietest I've ever seen it. I walked along the tide pool beach, collecting shells and splashing around in the water. While Lake Michigan will always be my beach home, I've really come to love the sand and water here.
I'm all packed up. My forethought to pack an extra duffel bag is turning out to be great-I just threw all of my clothes into the soft bag, and put all of my more delicate stuff and gifts into my regular luggage. Because I have so much extra space, my carry on bags seem really light.
I'm still processing a lot of stuff, but I think this trip is going to be one of those defining life moments, for a number of reasons.
Well, I think I'm going to convince one of the boys to go with me to Market Modelo one last time. In exactly 4 hours I'll be getting into my taxi, and in exactly 7 hours I'll be on my flight back to Michigan.
See you all on the other side of the equator :)

No comments:

Post a Comment